|Head Circ (cm)||35.5||40.5||44.5||48||52||56|
|Head Circ (in)||14||16||17.5||19||20.5||22|
|Yarn required m(y)||65(70)||72(78)||120(130)||160(175)||180(196)||220(240)|
- long-tail cast on and seaming
- purl cast off
- German short rows
- working in the round
- methods for avoiding a gap in the round
- pick up and knit
- increasing and decreasing at the same time to make the knot
- invisible horizontal seam
All of these skills have tutorials on our page on our tutorials page, the German Short Rows are explained by diagrams in the pattern, and the knot is explained in depth in the pattern.
- 4mm (US6) at least 40cm/16” circular needle or DPNs (or as req’d to meet gauge) to work a small circumference in the round
- Darning needle
- one stitch marker
22 stitches over 10cm in stockinette. Row gauge is unimportant for this design.